Cancer Care at Penn
With the cancer program ranked highest in the Philadelphia region by U.S. News & World Report, Penn Medicine is able to provide customized care for every patient. Services include breakthrough treatment options like vaccine therapy and proton therapy that are available in only a few places in the world.
At Penn, patients have access to more than 400 full-time Penn faculty members treating all types of cancer through advanced, integrated medicine including medical, surgical and radiation oncology services.
About Cancer Care at Penn
- Penn's Abramson Cancer Center is one of a select group of cancer centers in the country awarded the prestigious designation of Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute.
- Penn physicians are developing breakthrough treatments like immunotherapy; creating vaccines from patients' own cells to fight cancer.
- Penn's CLIA certified Center for Personalized Diagnostics offers next-generation sequencing with gene panels on tumors for individualized patient diagnoses and to elucidate cancer treatment options for physicians.
- The Mariann and Robert MacDonald Women's Cancer Risk Evaluation Center at Penn is one of the foremost authorities in cancer genetics research for breast and ovarian cancers.
- Penn's bone marrow transplant program is one of the largest in the country with a nationally recognized research program.
- Cutting-edge treatment options, such as robotic surgery, Gamma Knife® radiosurgery, and proton therapy are available to cancer patients.
- Penn offers a full range of supportive care services including:
- Complementary and alternative therapies
- Nutritional counseling
- Pain and symptom management
- Reconstructive surgery
- Rehabilitation services
- Stress reduction
- Survivorship planning
- Patients at Penn receive treatment plans customized for every patient and for every type of cancer.
The Penn Difference
Penn Medicine is ranked as best in the region for providing patient-centered cancer care by the highest caliber of physicians and nurses using the most advanced cancer treatment options available. In addition:
- Penn employs a uniquely collaborative staff of medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists, plastic and reconstructive surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, nurses and allied health professionals.
- Penn is regularly recognized both nationally and internationally for its commitment to research and excellence in cancer care.