Facts and Figures
- PennSTAR is a fully licensed flight and critical care ambulance service in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
- Since 1998, the PennSTAR flight team has flown the equivalent mileage to circle the earth more than 65 times and rendered lifesaving care to 40,000 patients.
- Since the program began in 1988, PennSTAR has maintained a perfect safety record with no injury, accidents or significant aircraft incidents.
- At the 2006 Association of Air Medical Service (AAMS) Conference in Phoenix, the PennSTAR flight team was awarded the American Eurocopter Platinum Safety Award for completing over 20,000 accident-free patient flights.
- PennSTAR aircraft can reach all parts of Delaware, New Jersey, central Pennsylvania and southern New York in 30 minutes or less.
- PennSTAR is the only not-for-profit medical helicopter service operating in the Delaware Valley, and participates with most insurance plans for medically necessary patient flights.